The 2016/2017 edition of the Sub Saharan International Model United Nations will take place from June 19th to 23rd 2017, at the United Nations Office in Nairobi, (UNON) Gigiri in Nairobi, Kenya.
- 10 August 2016: Opening of chairing applications
- 10 October 2016: Closing of chairing applications
- 11 October 2016: Opening of delegate pre-registration.
- 1st March 2017: Opening of Round 1 (Early Bird) delegate applications.
- 31st March 2017: Closing of Round 1 delegate applications
- 31st March 2017: Most or all committee study guides uploaded.
- 1st April 2017: Opening of Round 2 (Normal) delegate applications
- 30th April 2017: Closing of Round 2 delegate applications
- 30th April 2017: Country and committees allocated.
- 1st May 2017: Opening of Round 3 (Late Bird) delegate applications.
- 20th May 2017: Deadline to submit Position Papers
- 31st May 2017: Closing of Round 3 delegate applications.
- 19th June 2017: Conference opening Ceremony, 1st committee session and first social (Delegates Dinner)
- 20th June 2017: 2nd and 3rd Committee sessions and second social (U.N Quiz Night)
- 21st June 2017: 4th Committee session and Global Village
- 22nd June 2017: 5th and 6th Committee sessions and Local Tours / Excursions
- 23rd June 2017: 6th Committee session and Closing ceremony
- 24th to 25th June 2017: Post Tour Conference