SAIMUN delegates who truly excel in their committees, who show profound understanding of the topics under discussion, an appreciation of diplomacy, mediation and negotiation, and who are able to lead their co-participants to balanced resolution of the problems at hand, are recognised for their efforts and skill with official awards.
- Best delegate award: Each committee will award the best overall delegate. The Best Delegate Award is attributed to the delegate that excelled through his/her performance during the conference, being well prepared, following the Rules of Procedure to the letter and spirit, working with his/her fellow delegates and the Board of his/her committee.
- Best position paper award: This is awarded to one delegate in each committee whose position paper stood out among the rest in terms of research, practicality and how well it does once presented.
- Most diplomatic award: These are given to those who embrace the principles of cooperation and dialogue throughout the diplomatic exercise that leads to the adoption of a resolution. As such, a delegate who ably makes subtle concessions while upholding their policy interests will be favoured by committee directors if he or she does so to work constructively towards resolution of the issues considered.
- Honorable Mentions: An Honorary Mention is attributed to a delegate that showed great potential during his/her participation and contribute to the final adoption of the resolution. Up to three Honorary Mentions are attributed per committee.
General Assembly Awards
- Best delegation awards: This will go to one high school delegation and one university delegation. This will be determined by how well their delegation does during the GA session. They will be awarded when multitudes of their members demonstrate outstanding aptitudes.
- Best Overall Delegate Award: The Best Delegate Award is attributed to the delegate that excelled through his/her performance during the conference, being well prepared, following the Rules of Procedure to the letter and spirit, working with his/her fellow delegates and the Board of his/her committee.